Saturday, April 11, 2015

Before I left for wanderland, people keep asking me about the purpose of the trip. To hike? Try new foods? "Find" myself? Honestly, I have no real answer to that inquiry. I'm here because I want to be. Because I enjoy being lost and exploring and seeing new & different things. Because pushing the limits of my comfort zone gives me a rush and makes me feel like I'm actually living my life. Because I've met backpackers on other trips who have inspired me and made me think to myself, "damn, I wish I could do that." Because, why CAN'T I do that? And because if not now, when? 

So here I am. I have no idea what I will find. I have no idea if it will be "myself". But so far I've done what I want to do. Because this trip is on my terms. So maybe that is the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment